Tonight's program remembers the Sandinista revolution of 1979 in Nicaragua and includes:
- News Headline's from the Americas" by Carmen Andrea Rivera and read by Langston Blues.
- Julieta Kusnir interviews Victor Martinez about the upcoming Bay Area visit of the infamous Chilean torture ship the Esmeralda. Now to be hailed innocently as a tourist attraction at Pier 29 in San Francisco.
- Nina Serrano reads her poem: The Story of the Mission Cultural Center.
- Jason Wallach interviews Salvadoran musician Lolo Cutumay and samples his music before his concert this Saturday at the Mission Cultural Center.
- Ticket giveaway for Los Pleneros on Saturday, July 23rd at the Brava Theatre in San Francisco.
Listen and Enjoy!
Solentiname primitivist art
Live on the air - Tuesdays 7 pm PST:
KPFA 94.1 FM - San Francisco Bay/Northern California
KPFB 89.3 FM - Berkeley
KFCF 88.1 FM - Fresno
Live on the web: www.kpfa.org
Audio Archive (available after live broadcast)
La Raza Chronicles - Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Mp3 Playback (iTunes, WinAmp, Windows Media):
La Raza Chronicles- Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Hear previous broadcasts: